|Mdm See Chui Geok
|Subject Head (Student Development)
|Mdm Nur Azianah
|Subject Head (CCE & VIA)
|Mdm Lim Yiling, Eileen
|Subject Head (NE&SS) - Covering
|Mr Sudheesh Balakrishna Pillai
Every Rosythian, An Active Global Citizen of Character
- To deliver values-based programmes for development of 21st Century Competencies.
- Instilling the spirit of Active Citizenry in our students.
To develop Rosythians holistically through a coherent, robust and engaging co-curriculum where students are given good exposure and authentic learning experiences with CCA as key leverage to become passionate learners and confident leaders who serve the larger community with compassion.
Through purposeful programming, scaling across the six levels of education and strong partnerships, Rosyth School takes a whole school approach in the holistic development of our Rosythians, anchored on our school’s I-CARE values.
Our structured CCE Form Teacher Guidance Period CCE (FTGP) curriculum develops our students’ social-emotional competencies in a safe and supportive learning environment. The curriculum includes
- Strategies to Ensure Attention to Individual Pupil Development (SEAIP)
- Social-Emotional Learning (SEL Competencies in Self-awareness, Social awareness, Self-management, Relationship management, Responsible decision-making)
- Values Education
- Family Education
- Cyberwellness Education
- Sexuality Education (Pri 5 and P6) and
- Educational Career Guidance (Pri 5 and P6).
At Rosyth, we focus on the cultivation of a “Growth Mindset”, with emphasis on effort and positivity. We recognise that all students are capable of developing resilience by tapping on their internal strengths and external resources. Using a strength approach of I Am, I Can & I Have, we equip our Rosythians with the knowledge, values and competencies to enhance their resilience and positivity. Growth Mindset lessons are carried out using a four-stage approach during CCE(FTGP) lessons. The table below shows a series of lessons taught over six years.
CCE Lessons in Mother Tongue Language CCE (MTL) enhance the teaching of moral values through cultural stories, songs, idioms, and proverbs unique to each Mother Tongue Language.
Programme for Active Learning (PAL) reinforces the teaching of socio-emotional competencies at Primary 1 and Primary 2 in non-academic domains.
Values Moments are structured time during school assembly to address school’s concerns like timeliness, cleanliness and bite-size factors, which are important considerations in our whole-school approach and to sustain efforts for the inculcation of values.
We envision Rosythians to grow up as leaders in their own lives as they take on different leadership roles in their development, set goals to pursue their dreams and value the talents within themselves, thereby blossoming into confident and fulfilled individuals.
Rosyth Leadership Development Programme is a six-year programme spanning from Primary 1 to Primary 6. It is structured according to C.A.R.E leadership (Caring, Alert, Responsible, Exemplary) for Primary 1-3 and Leadership Challenge Model by Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner for Primary 4-6.
Every Rosythian is nurtured with values and skills of a student mentor to be:
- a C.A.R.ing Buddy who Cares, shows grAtitude, and Respects others.
- a good role model who models the way and leads by example.
- a supportive mentor who can use the CHEER model to help others.
Rosythians take part in meaningful celebrations of Singapore’s cultural diversity and commemorations of significant days of nation-building throughout the year.
National Education Cohort learning journeys also take place as extensions of the Instructional Programme. Activities are planned to promote active citizenry amongst pupils. Rosythians consolidate their learning experiences through structured avenues that allow them to reflect deeply and to share with the rest of the student population. Recognising the increasing need for Singaporeans to be global in outlook and to be able to operate in multi-national settings, Rosyth School provides overseas immersion programmes which are aimed at strengthening the students’ commitment and rootedness to Singapore and builds future-ready competencies.
Values in Action (VIA)
Values in Action (VIA) are Key Student Developmental Experiences that play a pivotal role in nurturing Rosythians with a heart to serve. We adopt a 6-year plan with clear learning outcomes based on Circle of Love. Some level-wide signature programmes are Appreciation Day for school staff, Love Our Community and Care Carnival.
To cultivate in our Rosythians a sense of responsibility and care for their own space and shared spaces, Rosyth incorporates daily cleaning activities in class every day. Through daily practice, our students cultivate good life habits. To provide authentic experiences for our students to serve the community and display their strengths and talents, our CCAs design and implement customized service-learning opportunities which leverage students’ skills and competencies that have been developed in the CCA.
SEL is taught in a caring, supportive and safe school environment. Through ENABLE initiatives, Rosyth School endeavours to
- build a school-wide inclusive culture - that values and meets the diverse needs of all students: Special Education Needs (SEN), Social Emotional Learning (SEL), Financial Assistant Scheme (FAS) , High Needs Students (HNS), Low Progress (LP) & High Progress (HP)
- ensure all staff and stakeholders understand and support the school’s guidelines on inclusion
- develop learning programmes and experiences with other departments and Key Personnel
To partner our parents in our efforts, a one-stop resource portal for parents is available to support our students in their socio-emotional, mental and physical well-being.
Healthy Minds, Happy Hearts” Well-being Portal
1) PiSP (Parents in School Programme)
- increases the level of parental involvement in the school curriculum as well as key programmes, so as to enhance the development of social emotional skills and process of values inculcation in our students.
2) Parent Support Group (PSG) Weekend Enrichment Classes @ Rosyth
- provide enrichment classes to complement regular school curriculum for those who are interested.
- increase student motivation and foster the students’ social skills, learning strategies and self-confidence.
- provide safe venues for enrichment classes and enrichment resources at a more affordable rate.
- strengthen the partnership between the school and PSG to benefit student’s learning.